Ethics & Policy

Ethics Policy

It's is my goal to run things as ethically and sustainably as possible. Each one of my pieces is uniquely handmade or has been collected personally through thrift shops, antique stores and other makers. Taxidermy and bugs aren't everyone's cup of tea but I truly think of it as a way of honouring these beautiful creatures in life and in death.

The bones and specimens used for my taxidermy are collected post mortem from hikes/ local collectors, losses from veterinarians, pet donations, reptile rescues, breeders, and byproducts of the meat industry that would otherwise go to waste. When I get specimens from breeders, farms and reptile shops they are ALWAYS acquired post mortem. 

My insect specimens come from insect and butterfly farms from all over the world (mainly South America, Africa and South East Asia). These farms provide the locals with a good source of income and prevent them from resorting to clearing natural rainforests for cattle raising and logging. It's important to note that these insect farms do interfere with the lifespans of the butterflies and moths to preserve the integrity of their wings and fragile bodies. So yes their lives are cut short prematurely but insect farms actually add to wild population numbers! How? One female silk moth will lay around 400 eggs in her short time as a moth however, in the wild only about 5% of those larvae will actually make it to adulthood and continue on the life cycle. The other 95% will die from lack of adequate food, predators and simply genetics. In insect farms about 99% of those larvae will survive and would then go to lay hundreds more eggs each! So as you can imagine, there is no shortage of these bugs. The farms also perform controlled releases of captive bred butterflies and moths to keep wild population numbers healthy and to avoid inbreeding.


If you want to know the origins or specifics about a particular piece please feel free to reach out to me and I will answer these questions when I can! 



Return & Refund Policy

If you're unhappy with any of your purchases, please contact me! In the event that you want to return something, I'll ask that you send me pictures of the item and send it back to me. Once it returns to me in the condition that it was received, I can process a refund for you. 

Damages and issues
I take shipping and packing very seriously to ensure stuff makes it to you safe and sound. However, in the event that an item you receive arrives damaged or broken, please contact me and send me some pictures so make it right. I offer full refunds if the specimen is shipped back to me or if you would like to fix the specimen yourself, I can give you a partial refund and send you some instructional videos and tips on how to repair your item at home!

Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned and will be noted within the products description. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.

Please keep in mind that quantities are limited and most items are unique, hand made, and/or one of a kind.